blades music

find us on

About Us

Music Supervisors

Music Writers

Music Administration

Contact Us

Music Administration

What We Do

Under the terms of our Administration Contract, Blades Music Ltd will provide, as required, the following services relating to your songs:

  • Register your compositions with PRS, and collect songwriting royalties on your behalf from media broadcast and other public use of them,

  • Register your live performances with PRS and collect performance royalties of your compositions,

  • Register your compositions with MCPS and collect mechanicals royalties on your behalf on recordings of them,

  • Create a performer account with PPL,

  • Register your recordings, and contributing performances by all musicians on your recordings, with PPL,

  • Collect all performance royalties from PPL and distribute them accordingly.

In addition:

  • Negotiate with overseas PROs, directly or indirectly, to collect your foreign income,

  • Negotiate and issue licenses,

  • Draft agreements,

  • Create royalties statements

  • File infringement suits or negotiate settlements,

  • Collect royalties from any other sources on your behalf.

How It Works

Under an Administration Agreement with Blades Music Ltd., a songwriter and/or artist grants the exclusive right to administer some or all of their songs on an ongoing rolling contract. The agreement can be terminated at any time with 28-days notice, leaving themselves free to work with other publishers, or collect royalties directly after this time.

This is a non-restrictive agreement allowing you retain ownership of your copyrights. 90% of the income collected is paid directly to you, with the remaining 10% percent retained by Blades Music Ltd. to cover our time and costs.

In addition, your songs can be pitched to artists for cover placements, and sync deals (film/TV/adverts, etc) where appropriate. If Blades Music Ltd. secure such use for any of your songs, a new agreement is set up for those specific song(s) with a higher percentage cut paid to the publisher (30%) which is the incentive for Blades Music Ltd to go out and try to generate the additional income for you.

Interested is Blades Music handling your music administration? Contact us!

website created by Frank Blades (c) 2017